September 08, 2001

Truckee, CA (Really, Tahoe City)

by Micah 'Prof.' Robinson

As I write, I can hear Mr. Rodney's voice through my window. Can't make out what he's saying, but I can hear that distinctive laugh from time to tie. A laugh like that has to be real. How can a man who works so hard for so many people be so happy? Then again, how can he not? I go to the window, thinking I'll get outside and share a laugh…to late. A small dose of the Spear humor, for those in the right place at the right time…

Also ran into members of Third World, who were checking out as we checked in. They're on their way to San Diego for the Street Scene tomorrow. Those of us, who knew members personally had some time to catch up and share some memories, those like myself, got a chance to meet them for the first time. One of the many blessing of this career and this job in particular, is that we get to meet the greats in this business.