September 15, 2001

Santa Cruz, CA

by Micah 'Prof.' Robinson

A cool, rainy day in Northern California. You can smell the trees. The land is begging for Reggae music, and guess who's in town? Burning Spear and his Burning Band. Today, I'm doubled up with James. We do well as roommates. Brass player thing, as well as being bredren.

The computers we ordered last week arrived today and both of us are ready to get to work on ours. I'm eager to get my journal entries out, and James has his thing he likes to do. Our laptops offer a ready link to friends and family, through e-mail and a means of doing other things, as well.

Unfortunately, mine had to go back; it had a defective hard drive and I'm beyond frustrated. But what can you do? These things happen. I decide to go to the post office to send some things home. It'll take my mind off the computer thing…

James had steak for dinner, which seems to be one of the ways he treats himself. The brother really knows his steak…almost as well as he knows his coffee.