September 20, 2001

Seattle, WA - The Showbox

by Micah 'Prof.' Robinson

James and I ride the mono rail. We're still on a 'high' from the Portland show. The vibe was so nice. Now, it's time to spread it around… there's an audience in Seattle just waiting to get in on the act!

Being here shows me how little I know about the character of different cities in this giant country of ours. I always imagined Seattle as this sleepy green village in the middle of Washington State. Instead I found a major metropolitan center with all the ingredients of any other big city… all except the noise. That was really a big surprise. My mind never seems able to separate noise from city life. James and I take the monorail to the show. It's a good way to see some of the sights of Seattle without losing time.

On the other hand, the land is green and smells good. There's also a no smoking rule in effect in the venue and other places. It's good for the lungs of horn players and vocalists. Clean air helps make clean music…