March 21, 2008

Thank You

How can I say thank you enough to all the people of the world, On March 1 ,2008 I Burning Spear became 63 years old, The day started with a great fruit basket from my brethen Keith, that was the first sign of a successful day to come.

Then Sonia and I headed off to Magic Shop studio with our heart feeling so bless, the night before I say to Sonia Birthday are not about big party for I man "Its a about life to be able to be here today ,and just to be healthy is enough for I man. What more can I ask for Jah have given I man more than I could dream for myself

Sometime we say we are happy yet we are not happy because we base our happiness on other people or on the out come of things we let people drag us into to determine our happiness.

Well I am happy and I have all intention to remain happy, this was my present to myself. I will live my life in the present moments, and keep my ego in check not to react to what others think I should react to.

We arrive at Magic Shop to connect with Doug and Kirstin and Amy and Chris Daley and Brian to put the final touch on Jah Is Real. We were later joined by Sonny and Janet and brother Asher and Dave O'. Yes we had a listening party for these wonderful friends that take the time to join I man in the studio.

Oh what wonderful gifts of meaning they brought with them. I could felt the thought they put into the gifts they bring for the old Rastaman.

The energy was running high in Magic Shop Studio love and peace was every where,Yes I was really happy and relaxed, this was the first time I ever had a listening session for my fans, I wanted them to hear this new studio work, Jah Is Real. No this is not my ego I am just a proud servant of His Majesty that have stand the test of time.
With all the excitement in the studio Kirstin and her crew with Doug was able to work on the EPK, I made sure to remind Doug to wear his hat for the interview we did together, Kirstin and her crew stay focus they turn the studio into their own movie set. I am so sure I choose the right person for the job, Thank you Kirstin and crew for a wonderful job. You all are really talented.
So by now you must be wondering who won the dinner with I man ? Well it was Amy I was honored to have Amy with I man in the studio her postive vibes and kind words her true love for Burning Spear music make her a fan to be honor.

I must also mention Sonny and Janet that took the time to be with us. I was not able to go to dinner because I had to work with Chris Daley on the mixing of Jah Is Real so Mrs Rodney sit in for me. From what I hear they all had a wonderful time. Finally we have completed Jah Is Real the album was mix by Chris Daley in Magic shop. I must give a special thanks to Brian for working with I man side by side in Magic Shop studio we made magic Brian,

WE all tease Brian about Jah Is real album we say its Brian baby ,and now he have to let her go to the world. Brian I say son Jah Is Real and you truly are the future of the music, never lose that innocent and patience you have. I admire you for not possessing any form of ego, Stay strong Jah Is Real. The world will embrace our baby with love.

Oh what wonderful harmonies I had on Jah Is Real, yes lady Peachena and her choir did it again with love, The sweet sound of their voices light up Magic shop,Thank you Lady P for your prayer, it was truly healing to Sonia, My sister with prayer and faith we will move mountain Jah brought us all togather on Jah Is Real for a reason,

Sisters are touching sisters with prayers healing of the spirite and soul, Oh so much love coming from the heart of great women determine to be strong and to support each other. They are hearing the silent cry that are coming from the soul of their sisters ,and are answering back with prayers.and a warm embraced.

I must say thank you all for the kind posts, I have to say this friend got it right about Burning Spear, yes I have never taken any loan from any record label, I owe none any money I was able to accomplish all by myself with the help of JAH always providing a way for Iand I . No matter what I face Jah Is alway there for I and I from 1969 until this time. I am the fittest of the fittest proud to be the african postman. Who Jah bless no man can curse I Spear is not the worse this orginial will stay orginial I will never look back . I have paid all my dues in this music business now at sixty three years old I am happy and free music wise, nothing never happen before the time. Thank you for your words.
Yes the contest is on for a trip to Jamaica we are looking at all the names and will be in touch with everyone to choose the right person for each State. Due to the fact we want none that looking for more that what we are offering. anyone seeking employment or other hidden request please dont apply . Only apply if you love Burning Spear music and would like to win a trip to Jamaica by spreading the message in the music.

Tune in to Dave O" on Burning Sound at Live 365.com