March 30, 2008

He Say, She Say Means Nobody Say

Greeting to all the people of the world. As I sit here to write this journal I would like each and everyone to think about those words. So many times we let our lives become affected by what other people say when we know we should not. So now let us all just agree that "he say, she say" means nobody say and the next time someone enter your life with what he or she say just close the doors of your heart and send the "he say, she say" messenger on its way. Just a simple reply like the spiritual master: “Is That So.”

Let's reason for a second in life. There are no accidents and everything that happen is for a reason whether it be good or what we consider bad. There are no bad experience, it is how we respond to the events.

I know for sure Jah Is Real. On Wednesday I went into the city to pick up a piece of equipment I left at Magic Shop studio. We decided to get something to eat but the restaurant was not ready until 5 PM so Sonia and I decided to take a walk. First this man chased me down breathless to ask me if I was Burning Spear. I reply yes. He say: "I know it was you just by the way how you walk." He then gave me such a blessing in his greeting I man was touch with emotion. As we continue on our journey we came across this book store that sell sage and incense and many meditation items, this is where I was to be, we brought several items. I have been on this block so many times and never see that book store because the time was not right.

We all have to believe in the power of love. So many time people thinks happiness come from having things and money and they always want to be in someone else shoes. As you all know one size never fits all. What someone think they might be doing to so call hurt you or I might turn out to be the best things they could ever have done. And if we don’t react to them they have no power over us. And it all become their situation, not yours or mine. Everything just come and goes, nothing goes on for ever.

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow it empties today of its strength” - Corrie Ten Boom.

I too now search for books that will give I man insights on things just like fans will search for I and other artist records. We have to support the positive message whether it be in form of music or books.

“You can never step in the same river twice” - Heraclitus.

As the water keep flowing for I man Winston Rodney I have no regrets about my musical life. I have always say it. I never wanted to be a star, that was not my goal. Jah choose I man to spread his message in form of music; the work of His Majesty must be done.

Humble yourself my children humble yourself my little ones. Freedom must come from all the wars of the world, your sacrifice will not go in vain. We all know that war is no good, too many youths are dieing who is at fault is a question I man ask. We are all the Lion and Lioness in Jah Kingdom so Zion I awake and let us fill our spiritual lamp with oil of love and peace because the wise man will knock at our door and we must be ready to love like we mean it.

If I man never do another live performance it is ok. I am not chasing down anything at sixty three years old. I don’t feel like I am left out of anything. My bags are now always packed and at the door for Jamaica. Jah have now take me on another side of the business to control my music and to set things up so I man music will be free from all record labels. I am putting this in writing so that even when I and Sonia journey on this earth is over no record label will be allow to exploited the music I own on my labels. It will simply stop selling. I will not leave it to the next generation to make that decision. They might not be as strong as I and Sonia. The price we paid for freedom was very high but well worth it. There will be no compromise in my desire to be free musically.

I hope my fans will understand how my heart fill with emotion for them, and how they have bless my life with so much love. I want to say this now so I will not forget. I love you all for loving I man Winston Rodney aka Burning Spear. Let me not wait till tomorrow to say this, let me say it now while I am in the moment of peace and blessing you all gave me. Yes these moments that tears flow from I man eyes to reflect on your love for I man without compromise. I say it's never good bye but hello to the ones that love like they mean it.

One Love. Peace. Keep The Spear Burning.