March 23, 2008

I Have To Share This Story

As I sat to write this breaking news I have to share this story with you and honor two person that have work so hard for reggae music yet their names are never mention. Sometime over the winter Sonia got a call from Russell Gerlach volunteering to help her get The Burning Spear Experience out to the both radio and press media.....

Sonia reply to Russ only to those you know who will play the music. We have lost all faith in the radio and media world only a few still play real music. Russ and Sonia work it out and things were great,

Them Russ decided to set up a few radio interview. Little did I know the events to follow. One of the interviews was with TK Smith, Russ and TK came over to visit us. I had the camera set up in my living room to interview everyone that enter my house, Sonia say" Spear you should interview TK," Russ ask the question and we had a really nice interview from TK. Tk his one of those radio DJ never forget a Burning Spear Earth day he make sure to celebrate this day with a phone call and I was happy to do an interview with TK that I play on my radio station. When we return from Jamaica Russell telephone Sonia to inform her that he had a lost in his family, I must say thank you Russ I know it was not easy for you these past few weeks we here at Burning Music production thank you and honor you for your strength and courage in this time. You have given reggae music a lot. Now back to TK, Russ also inform us of the passing of TK on March 16, 2008 at 40 years old. Words could not express the shock we felt, All I could say Jah Is Real , I have this young man interview expressing himself in such a positive way and I must honor him for his work in this music business that when unnoticed to some. R.I.P in peace my brother TK Smith...

We are now working on the cover of Jah is Real album getting ready to decide on a released date. I man could never be more excited the energy on this album is for real.

On the day I recorded the title track I remember crying I know someone was making the biggest sacrifice of her life for this music to be free and for I man Spear. I man is truly grateful to Jah for giving I man the wisdom and the words to sing. I know the Lion Of Judah shall break every chain and give I and I the victory.

No way was this new album would end up in any other hands but mines. I will be the only one to sell this new studio work. Things and time have change, I say to you the people of the world you are the true hero behind the roots music. The power is in your hands.

If on my space site I have over 36,000 friends and each friend buy one CD that will be over 36,000 CDs sold. I can send at least 10 person on a trip to Jamaica. You the people are the best PR out there for independent grassroots artist, The real power are in your hands, not in the hands of record labels or MTV and magazine.

Artist are now running for their life from records labels and distribution labels they have treated artist so bad that none want to work with them. and the good labels are suffering for the bad ones. Pretty soon they all will be sitting in an empty office blaming each other for what is ahead of them.

Times are changing and thanks to the internet many will be face with many law suit. And yes indeed they will end up paying millions to many artist that they simple take over there works and give themselves ownership.

Again I say if I sell one record I am happy than to sell 30,000 and never get paid. We are not afraid to pack the CDs in our car and go from State to State and set up flea markets in every State if that what we must do. To avoid getting the wrong people in the contest we are moving a bit slow. We only need fans that would like a trip to Jamaica we are not hiring anyone to work with Burning Music. Spread the message in the music in your area and we will send you to Jamaica in fine style. Watch the behind the scene photo of Jah is Real shoot and you will see beautiful Jamaica. History will recall all you great fans that took matters into your hands. Jah Is Real ....

Our Heart shall be as one, we stand strong ......