November 30, 2005

Music Alone Shall Live

Burning Spear will be at Tony Rebel salute on January 14, 2006. It will be a true honor for I man to perform at Rebel Salute this year. Rebel has proven himself to be a brethren that stands up for the right, and believe in self reliance. I-man will join as one with Tony Rebel and make a donation to St Ann's Bay Infirmary.

First I would like to say thank you Erik for your poem. Big up to Dennis and the Rasputin staff, and all the fans of Berkeley for making Our Music Their Music. It was good to be there upfront and personal with all of you.

The crime you want to charge I-man for it's not possible, and I am not guilty. I was only doing the work of His Majesty, following in the foot step of all the great freedom fighters of the world. Marcus Garvey is an African Jamaican who has been accused many times wrongfully, and so am I. Yes my neighbor and friends and enemy, you need to set the record clean.

I didn't make no move to hurt anyone. If you say I do, where is your evidence? The first Bagg-a-wire was Jamaica version. Second Bagg-a-wire American version. Yes they sell I-man and betray I for less than a pound of rice.

The modern day Bagg-a-wire thought they found the genie in the jar, only when they open the jar only smoke came out. Look for I-man in the water, look for I-man in the wind, because I refuse to live my life in fear or doubt about the work I was given to do. Our Music I can not refuse it. His Majesty set the standard for I-man to follow. How sweet and wonderful it is to serve the creator by singing Our Music.

Everytime I play my congos I am sending a message striaght to the Heart of my friends, neighbors or enemies. I can feel the cry of the world. These are the timea I ask His Majesty to forgive I-man for making any wrong turn since mistake carry no face. I Spear have shed many tears while making this album. Out of my tears came words from my heart to touch all the people of the world souls. Let's all get on board the Burning Spear Starliner of Music. Let's make a circle and sing Our Music.

Fans, get your copy of Our Music because I would like to hear all the people of the word sing it next time we meet. All who have ears will hear, and all with eyes will see. Burning Spear will never lose it. Together I and I rainbow of fans will show the world that we can look far over. Because in a time like now it's not about who feels it knows it. What about the man who never felt it but knows it?

Music alone shall live.

People of the word I love you and I thank you for all your support of all the CDs on the Burning Spear label. We can become 8,000,000 strong.

Lets show the world that Roots music coming from an artists own label can sell. Introduce a friend to the music of Burning Spear this holiday.

Keep the Spear Burning
Peace...
Winston Rodney