July 15, 2000

Poughkeepsie, NY

by Gregory 'Bassie' Jackson

Greetings… I'm touching base from the Holiday Inn Express out here in Poughkeepsie NY… sound check was wicked… we worked out some tunes from Calling Rastafari… and got our sound levels… spending great care and attention that we had a good mix… with a nice balance…

I'm in Micah's room… the Trombone man… logging in with his Mac…

So far we have had a great start to the tour… and I only expect it to get much much better…

Spear picked some great selections from his massive catalog for this tour… and we are all having a lot of fun digging into them… it is just a pleasure… especially during sound check…

Mr. Rodney is in great form… I witnessed so much energy… and power… it truly is amazing… and inspiring too… I give my best effort every night… as does the rest of the band… to support this vibe… this flow… like a massive river… mighty and powerful…

I create my part… I introduce it… the bass… the foundation…

I'm excited about tonight… why? hummm… I suppose being in this old town… it has a vibe about it… the old homes… with the big verandahs… that I passed… in the taxi… to the sound check…

So many stories huh…

anyway… gotta go… I think Micah is finished in the shower… and its time for me to take mine…

one love from the road…